In business law, anticipating future obstacles and hazards is crucial to avoiding protracted and expensive litigation. With his many years of experience, Mr. Mishkin consults with you to pinpoint and address such matters within your shareholder/operating agreement/bylaws.
If you own a small or family-owned business, one of the most important decisions you will make concerns transfer of ownership. For instance, what if you decide to retire or move on? At that point, you will either have to wind down operations or transfer/sell the business. If you decide to transfer it, you will need to determine the new owner and how to make the transfer. As your business lawyer, Mr. Mishkin can advise you on business succession and estate planning. Further, he can help manage succession issues and smoothly transition your business to the new owner.
Want to purchase or sell business assets or shares? As your corporate attorney, Mr. Mishkin lawfully guides you through the transaction while protecting your interests and rights to ultimately protect your future financial welfare. From the initial stage to the final closing of your business acquisition or sale, he handles:
- Business and inventory valuation
- Real estate and inventory liens
- Sales structuring as an asset or stock purchase
- Due diligence
- Franchise and non-compete agreements
- Financial statements and other important documents
- Drafting for asset or stock purchase agreements, and other transactional contracts and documents