Jefferson T. “Jeff” Michael Bio
Jefferson T. “Jeff” Michael focuses his practice on business advisory services and tax controversy matters. Mr. Michael provides counsel regarding business planning and transactions with a focus on family and closely held businesses. He also represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service and the Oregon Department of Revenue.
Mr. Michael began his career in Texas at the international law firm of Jones Day and subsequently practiced with Edison, McDowell & Hetherington LLP, and the tax consulting firm alliantgroup, LP. After relocating to Central Oregon with his family in 2021, Mr. Michael began working with the Law Office of Jonathan D. Mishkin, P.C. as a contractor and a local non-profit, NeighborImpact.
When he is not serving his clients, Mr. Michael enjoys spending time with his wife, two daughters, and their family dog, Wrigley. He enjoys taking advantage of the outdoor activities around Bend and cheering on the Texas Longhorns.
- Oregon State Bar
- Texas State Bar (inactive)
- American Bar Association
- Deschutes County Bar Association
- Multnomah County Bar Association
Mr. Michael earned his J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law. He earned his B.B.A. in Finance with honors and B.A. in Government with high honors from the University of Texas at Austin.
Mr. Michael utilizes his legal and business experience to assist clients with:
- Business life cycle planning includes formations, dissolutions, conversions, ownership changes, and sales.
- Drafting and analyzing a variety of contracts and business documents such as Asset Purchase Agreements, Deferred Compensation Plans, Employment Agreements, Commercial Lease Agreements, Profit Sharing Plans, Promissory Notes, and Non-Solicitation Agreements.
- Tax controversy matters including Penalty Appeals, Audit Reconsideration Requests, Installment Agreements, and Offers in Compromise.