Some clients reach out to us when a family member or spouse becomes physically or mentally disabled and unable to manage their own affairs. A guardianship and/or conservatorship can help transfer control of financial and/or medical decisions to a responsible individual. Our firm is experienced in representation involving protected persons and can assist clients in taking the correct measures to protect the rights of an incapacitated person.
Our firm also has expertise working with clients seeking to protect the personal, financial, and medical well-being of a loved one. We understand that appointment of a guardian and/or conservator is a difficult process involving significant emotional concerns. However, if you are worried about someone who is unable to make sound financial and medical decisions, we can assist with taking all measures to protect their interests such as: (i) Certifying incapacity from a medical professional; (ii) Assistance with determination of the proper requirements and qualifications of a potential guardian and/or conservator; and (iii) defining the scope of the conservatorship and/or guardianship.
Our primary goal is to satisfy our client’s tax, business, and charitable objectives by mitigating the impact of income/gift/estate tax, assistance with transitioning business ownership to younger generations and employees, consideration and implementation of charitable strategies, and protection of vulnerable beneficiaries.
Our firm creates, administers, and advises both taxable and non-taxable estates on:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Education Trusts
- Qualified Personal Residence Trusts
- Formation of Non-Profit Organizations and Private Foundations;
- Charitable Lead and Remainder Trusts;
- Qualified Domestic Trusts for foreign spouses;
- Grantor Trusts including Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts
- Intentionally Defective Grantor Trusts
- Family Limited Liability Companies
- Preparation of federal and estate tax returns
- Preparation of federal gift tax returns
- Resolving all disputes and tax audits related to an estate