Nicole B. Erickson | Portland and Bend Offices
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 964-5173
Fax: (503) 227-3783
Nicole B. Erickson brings energy and technical tax expertise to estate planning, tax planning, and closely held business matters serving clients from offices in Portland and Bend. She delivers timely and practical results that give clients the freedom to focus on what matters most. With a wealth of nearly ten years of sophisticated estate planning and probate experience, she benefits her clients with long range planning that seeks to avoid potential conflict and improve the bottom line.
Prior to joining the firm, Nicole operated her own law firm and practiced with a mid-size Portland firm. Before to moving to Oregon, she served high net worth clients at a large regional law firm in Texas. She has an LL.M. in Taxation from NYU and a J.D. and B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin.
Nicole is a committed advocate for veterans, a passion she inherited from her father who was in the Special Forces (in addition to the ability to pitch a tent in the dark). She continues her advocacy as an alternate council member of the Washington County Board of Commissioners Division of Aging and Veterans Services and volunteers as a lobbyist on bills that benefit seniors and veterans. She also volunteers with the Oregon State Bar Wills for Heroes Clinic for our valued first responders.
Nicole loves adventure and has traveled to Dubai, sailed the Mediterranean, marched in protests in Barcelona, and has three young children who all played on soccer teams at once. In her free time, she enjoys reading and spending time outdoors.
- “Estate Planning and Administration”, Department of Energy: Bonneville Power Administration (2019, 2020)
- “Non-Taxable Trust Administration”, Oregon State Bar Basic Estate Planning and Administration Seminar (2017)
- “Family Limited Partnership Update”, Midland College Annual Estate Planning Seminar, with Robert H. Dawson (2005)
- Crossing the River to Avoid Oregon Taxation of Trust Income, by Nicole B. Erickson and Kristen Chambers, Oregon State Bar Estate Planning Newsletter (August 2018)
- The Rule Against Perpetuities, C. Stephens Saunders and Nicole B. Erickson, Tex. State Bar 18th Advanced Real Estate Drafting Course, Chapter 10 (2007)
- Estate Tax Apportionment and Estate Tax Liability, by Nicole B. Erickson, BNA Tax Management Journal: Estates, Gifts, and Trusts (2006)